REFERRALS – so many people say that they get most of their business this way and yet so often this is just a perception – they do not actually know for sure. I hope this is true because it highlights two things:
How good your customer service is!
How effective you are at educating your existing customers and network, about how to get you referrals!
When the?economy is tougher, it is all the more important to make sure that your referral system is working and that you measure and review it on a regular basis. There are a couple of great books I have read that will give you the knowledge to improve your systems and the results you gain. Tim Templeton?s ?The Referral of a Lifetime? and the incredible Paddi Lund?s ?Mobilising Your Customer Sales Force? these will make you think and should give you the inspiration to make some changes. Do not forget that big results come from lots of small improvements continuously made.
My top tips for a successful referral system.
- Educate your network and clients about the benefit of referring their network to you.
- Have a strong customer service ethos in your company and deliver on that ethos.
- Provide your clients and network with special moments that show them how much they mean to you because you have gone the extra mile.
- Keep in regular contact and remember to ask for them.
- Make sure you return the compliment and refer business back to them.
Always say ?THANK YOU!?
THANK YOU for reading and being passionate about your business.